Sunday, November 1, 2015

Began the National Writing Month Challenge

I have begun working on the fourth Relic Worlds Pick Your Path book. Today I collected the outline and the title and set everything up. I begin working on the interior content tomorrow.
The way I create the storyline and outline for a Pick Your Path book is this. I start by figuring out the overall feel and where I want to go with it, meaning some of the things I'll want to be sure to include, etc.
When I'm ready to start laying it out, I write 1, then fill out the introduction. I then give several choices, lining each one up in order. So choice 1 will be "go to 2." Choice 2 will be "go to 3" and so on. I then go to 2 and write what happens there. The choices are right after the last choice in 1. So if choice had 3 choices, the last one would be #4, so entry 2's first choice would be #5, and so on. In the physical book version, these numbers translate to page numbers. However, I try not to think of them as page numbers as they will also be selection points in the Kindle and PDF version.

No comments:

Post a Comment