Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Promotions on Social Media

I have definitely not mastered the art of promotions, and I struggle to get people to look at my work.  I love the world we’re in where anyone can release their work to the world, but I would still love to have that advertising staff promoting my books.

Since I am self-publishing, I have to get the word out myself, and I’ve learned a few tricks to at least letting people know my work exists.

First, of course I need to post about it on the three main platforms: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.  I need to remember to put hashtags under everything so people who are surfing those subjects can find them.  However, I haven’t had much luck with those.  I don’t know if I’m doing anything wrong, but for the most part, people don’t find me with hashtags.

Where they seem to find me the most is when I share the posts on Facebook.  First, I make sure to start a page for my projects.  I post updates on those projects fairly regularly; but most importantly, I make posts that are intended to be shared.  I’ve joined a bunch of groups that have people who would be interested in them, and I share these specific posts on them.

Important note, however, when I share these onto groups.  I can’t just share them and run.  I have to say something about them that’s relevant to each group.  So as I’m sharing it, I’ll make a little statement that speaks to the people who are there.  For instance, if I’m sharing Relic Worlds with an Indiana Jones group, I’ll say that this is a series that was inspired by Indiana Jones, and the most recent book is coming out, so I thought you all might like it.

I wish there was some way to do that on Twitter and Instagram; but at least with the latter, I can share it straight from Facebook.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment